MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Great News!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Great News!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TEMBO

Dear Patti;

I have only good news today. My husband got up bright and early….before the sun, totally energized. He had breakfast ready, coffee going, and much more.

This afternoon we had an appointment with the hemo. His blood work is better than it has been in many months. His hgb is holding at 9.6, of course still low, but better than the 7 that rushed us to our first blood transfusion. Platelets 290,000, white cells up from 1.5 to 2.8, neu# up from .9 to 1.6. I know these are little bumps, but everything was falling not moving up. We are so excited. My husband has only had two red cell transfusions ever, so pray we will not be tx dependent. The first transfusion ever was Sept. when his hemo starting free falling for the first time. I am not sure how low it got he could not walk. The lowest we catch with CBC was 7 on a Friday. Did not get the transfusion organized until Monday. The nurses that gave the transfusion thought it was probably lower by the time we got the transfusion. The blood transfusion did get his hgb to 9.8, but it dropped within a matter of days to 8. So off we went for the 2nd blood transfusion. But this time it has been weeks and his hgb is not falling…wonderful. From the day he took the first CLO things have really turned around. No naps during the day. Up until 10:00PM, not going to bed at 6:00PM. He is so hungry. He has not eaten well all year. He has lost about 20 pounds this year…he will gain quickly at this rate. I pray this will continue, it would certainly be a blessing.

Better go he has got us busy around here.

Many Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Karen

patti

Karen,

I am so glad to hear he’s doing so well! Keep up the good work taking care of him with good, whole foods and his body will respond. smile Please keep me posted on his progress.

Many blessings,

Patti

Frankie

woohoo! Karen
    Congrats! That gave me a rush.
    I know how wonderful it feels to have a body respond.
    BTW…I ordered my CLO yesterday. I wonder how it will mix with onions and garlic…..haha

Frankie

willie

Karen That is pretty terrific news! Willie

chuckk333

Karen,

Was this all after he started on the cod liver oil? Sounds too good to be true, if that was all it took.

Chuck

TEMBO

Thanks to all for your kind encouragement and humor! It is much appreciated.

Chuck, yes after the very first tablespoon my husband significantly improved. One night has been somewhat difficult, after he had really over done the day. And today has not been quite what the other post CLO have been, but still improved. We really have not been on the CLO long enough to have a good idea of what might be possible. However, we pray this continues, and will keep you up to date.

God Bless,
    Karen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert