MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

High Platelets

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board High Platelets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sgoodman

Has anyone experienced high platelets (over 1 million) with MDS or myelofibrosis? If so, have you had any additional symptoms or conditions that relate to the high platelets? I have been on revlimid (10 mgs) for the past year. Thanks for any information.

sgoodman, I know this is an old post, but just found it when searching for various topics. Yes, I have had high platelets for 7 years – since diagnosis of MDS (5q-). I have NOT had any symptoms or complications from having elevated platelets. At one time they were 1,800. Sylvia

paml

Sgoodman,
    Like me, you’ve been around for a while! You probably already know, but the condition of high platelets is called Thrombocytosis. This, like myelofibrosis is a myeloprliferative disorder. From my understanding it is not uncommon for mds patients to crossover with symptoms of both diseases. 4+ years ago at my last bmb I showed signs of both diseases. If you haven’t already, it sounds like you’ll be having a conversation with your doc.
    Pam L.

sgoodman

Pam,

Thanks for the post. It has been over 7 years since my diagnosis (7/01) and my platelets have declined to normal levels. The doctors think that it was just an anomolie rather than a symptom of thromboctytosis.

Glad you are doing well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert