MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

HR Res 179, MDS Group meeting, Warren Baird

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board HR Res 179, MDS Group meeting, Warren Baird

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hmblume

1. We are encouraged to e-mail, fax, or call our Congressperson to support H. Con. Res. 179, the bipartisan Bone Marrow Failure Disease Resolution.
    Rep Sherrod Brown and Michael Bilirakis are initial co-sponsors; about 10 more are now co-sponsoring. In my e-mail I noted that popular and constructive Congressman Bob Matsui had died of MDS early this year; his widow and successor is an added co-sponsor. I also noted in my district that the Stanford Medical Center and Peter Greenberg’s group are key in this research; and that the number of cases per 100,000 people over 70 is rising. Growing population over 70 is self-obvious.
    I don’t know what personal touch will help get through to your Congressperson; try something.

2. For those in the San Francisco Bay Area, our local MDS Support group next meets at 2PM Sun Aug 14, Park Blvd Presbyterian Church, 4101 Park Blvd., Oakland. Patients and supporters are welcome.

3. Warren Baird was an inspiration to me and made me feel constructive. DGS CMML 1996, given months to live in 97, on experimental drug (I believe an early version of azicitadine) and LIVED actively until 2005, May 2005 trying to get blood counts corrected to repass flight physical, took grandson flying. June 2005 radiation against advancing AML, massive infection with immune system down, and passed away. Warren and Mima Baird were key members of our support group.

Please say a prayer in his memory and for his devoted widow Mima.

Ensnee

I have a friend who is a congressman in Chicago.
    I will contact him about this.

many hugs,
    Esme

Marsha

I know my congressman. Will be contacting him today. Thanks for your research and information. Very informative.

God Bless, Marsha

P.S. Have you noticed the number of younger people contracting CMML, I have. And it is alarming.

Jack_dup1

I received a letter today 2/4/2006 from my congressman stating that although he supports it, there have been no hearing held or scheduled on this measure. We need to push harder.
    Jack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert