MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

I BELIEVE

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board I BELIEVE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sandy L

Mike went today for his blood counts and they were great. WBC 1.5 RBC 3.18 HGB 10.1 and PLATELETS 216 , That is higher than he ever had since jan 1004.

I do believe in the juicing. Mike is doing the beets – cukes and lemon and that is why i feel the HGB is up. But can you believe the Platelets ???

This is for Jack – I want to buy the Noni Maui pills – Are they the Veg tablets? When I research it says it is good to boost the immune system. I thought it was to increase the platelets. Please let me know before I buy the wrong capsule. Noni Maui Veg Capule

Thank you wink

Sandy L

Mike will be starting the Vidaza again on Thurs. Round 3 – Good luck to everyone else that is on the same timetable – I will try to post daily so that we can compare notes.

Jerry

Sandy,

What is your recipe for the juicing? Thank you.

Jerry

Jack_dup1

Yes Sandy,
    Nioni Maui Veggies Capsules 60 Capsules per bottle one month.
    Jack

patti

Jerry,

The juicing that Sandy talked about is actually considered to be a standard liver cleanse. It is frequently used daily for anyone taking any sort of drug that filters through the liver in an effort to keep the liver from being damaged. I’ve not ever heard of it increasing RBC’s. I wish. Mom’s been doing it daily for more than a year. No change in RBC’s. But her liver is in good shape and not showing any signs of damage from the disease or the drugs.

The recipe is juice together 1 beet, 1 lemon, 1 cucumber and 2 tbls of olive oil. After juicing it, blend in blender for 30 seconds or less to mix well. Drink daily.

Patti

Jack_dup1

Hi Sandy,
    Noni never claimed to help platelets, it just happens that it sometimes does. Lots of luck.
    Jack

Sandy L

Thanks Jack

Jerry – try juicing the beets like Patti said and also juice the pineapple once a day. Do it for 10 days and let’s see if it goes up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert