MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Induction Chemo

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Induction Chemo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    andrzej g.

So it goes. Quickly, too quickly, one could say.
    He still got no symptoms. He still works. Till Wednesday.
    On Thurdsay we go to Poznan to start the induction chemo.
    They are ready to proceed with the transplant.
    The ultimate confrontation begins.

eve

prayers are with your father for complete success with the transplant

eve

Suzanne

Good luck to him. Hope all goes well, is successful and that he has an easy road!

Terri

I wish your dad the best and will continue prayers for him and your family

geebeebee

Best of wishes for success with your Dad’s transplant, Andrzej. Please keep us posted when you can.

Greg

Jimbob

andrzej,
    for those where a transplant is possible, I look at it something like a superhighway back to good health. Unfortunately it is not fully constructed and there are a few bad stretches in the road and even a few detours that feel like a rollercoaster. Evenso, if one is a defensive driver and pays close attention to and adapting to what is going on both in and around him, he should be able to enjoy many more years on comfortable, reduced stress, local and occasional long distance driving for years to come.
    Wishing and praying for the best for your dad.
    Jim

shirlsgirl

Best of luck with your Dad! I love Jimbob’s comparison of the transplant to a super-highway!! smile I wish your Dad the smoothest ride possible to good health. Please check in when you get a chance.

take care, Jody

PAG2005

Andrez,

Will your dad have the reduced dose conditioning (fludarabine, busulphan and alemtuzumab) followed by stem cell transplantations you mentioned in a previous message? You mentioned the results were very good. Does this conditioning have better results than some of the other reduced dose conditioning? My prayers are with you and your dad.. Pat

andrzej g.

Jody: Jimbob’s comparison is truly a masterpiece, that’s right smile

Pat: thinking of reduced intensity dose conditioning is a bit too early for now when considering 30% blasts in the marrow; a form of cytotoxic therapy is needed first, then possibly followed by mini- or midi-transplant depending on the amount of blasts remaining;
    The FBA protocol is one of the options; alemtuzumab (Campath) is a potent antilymphocytic agent – it is the antibody against CD52 (a particle expressed almost on every lymphocyte’s surface) and in this way it demolishes the population of lymphocytes – it has very severe toxicity and many adverse events have been reported.
    I have found on the net no more trials similarly successful to that reported by Prof. Mufti. It may be worth mentioning he is considered to have the most experience of reduced intensity conditioned allografting worldwide

KATHY1

Best of luck to your dad. Keeping you in my prayers.

Kathy

PAG2005

Andrzej,

I misunderstood and I thought they were going directly to transplant. Thank you for the information about Campath. My mom was 72 when she went through induction treatment. Just to give you hope that your dad can through this too.
    Please let us know how he is doing and I will be praying for him. Pat

mommachkate

Andrzej,
    Our best wishes for a fast and full recovery for your Dad. Kate and George

KP2112

Andrzej,

Wishing your father all best in this time of overwhelming challenges. Take care.

Kind Regards,
    Karen P.

Kathy G

Andrzej,

Best of luck to your Dad – glad he is still feeling good. Please keep posting and letting us know his progress.

shirlsgirl

Andrzej,

How’s your Dad?? Hope all is well.

Jody

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert