MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Is what I'm feeling normal?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Is what I'm feeling normal?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

During the day, and when I wake up at night I feel nausea. During the day I feel disoriented, not clear-headed, "drained". My body feels "heavy", not wanting to do anything.

All my blood number are low, but yet OK. I am not on chemo or any medicines. My blood is being tested quarterly. I was to be tested later this month, but opted for early January because of the holidays. So, as far as I know my numbers are not too low.

Thanks for your thoughts and replies.

Matthew,
    Sounds like fatigue to me. I know that anytime my Hemoglobin or hematocrit drop below the normal range; my thinking gets clouded; short-term memory goes to pot and my feet, legs and hands feel heavier. I also feel like I’m in some kind of time warp or out of phase with those around me. Generally a change like that is gradual and I don’t notice it at first until my wife or kids say " Earth to Gene…"

Any of that sound familiar??

What’s your diagnosis?

Gene In Va.

Hi Gene,
    Thanks for your reply. I was diagnosed this past June, based on the bone marrow test. I got printouts of my blood test fro the past 15 years and they revealed that I have had low blood counts since 1995. It is only this past week that I have been feeling as I described. My platelets traditionally vary between 130,000 and 150,000 so you can see that I’m relatively OK, especially compared to many others.

I wish you well.
    Regards,
    Matt

Just returned fro Dr. Another blood and urine test. Expect results Monday.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert