MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

it has been a long time………

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board it has been a long time………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sandy L

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I posted but I do have something to say so……………….

Mike has been on Vidaza for one year now. We thank g-d for the results. He has the shots for 7 days and is off for six weeks. The only problem he encounters is the discoloration of the skin in the site area.

Thanks to Terri’s advice, he ices the site area after the shot and that alleviated the soreness in the site area, but the “Sunburn” or redness and tenderness remained.

The nurses went to a symposium regarding “Vidaza” and they were told that a longer needle would help solve that problem. They purchased 25 gauge needles and have used it for this round (7 days) of treatment and it seems to have made a difference.

Hope this info helps someone else………….

Even though I have not posted I do read the post regularly. My prayers and thoughts are with everyone on this forum.

I do want to site out Dennis and wish him the best of luck. My prayers are with you.

Hi to Patti and Terri – I hope things get better quickly.

Terri – Stay safe with this threatening Hurricane. So far we had just a lttle rain.

patti

Sandy,

It’s good to hear from you! I’m glad the Vidaza has helped Mike. The information you shared will help so many others. Thanks for posting it.

Mom is doing pretty good now. Got over the hump of healing from the picc line and she seems to be holding her own again. Struggling with platelets like Bob and Terri but just taking one day at a time.

Take care of yourself and Mike!

Blessings,

patti

Sandy L

Thanks Patti.

I am reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert