MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Jody, Gleevac

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Jody, Gleevac

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jack_dup1

Hi Jody,
    How is your Mother doing with the Gleevac. I hope she is still seeing good results. Just thinking of her.
    Jack

shirlsgirl

Hi Jack,

smile Thank you for asking about my mom. She is doing well and her doctor’s are pleased. She’s been on Gleevec since April and just this week she is completely off of the cyclosporin. (we’ve been crossing our fingers about that because the cyclosporin really boosted her platelets) So far, so good….she has only one bruise right now so I think her platelets are still okay.

We’ve been noticing a trend with her last few cbc’s that we’re a little concerned about. Her hgb has been steadily decreasing now for the past couple of months and also her latest cbc showed a low MPV and low RBC count.

She’s thankful now that she’s getting her blood work done every 4 weeks….much better than every week. Next BMB is scheduled for October. My mom’s feeling pretty well. She sometimes experiences nausea after taking the Gleevec but thankfully it doesn’t last too long.

How are you doing Jack? How are your counts? I hope you are feeling well…I think of you often.

Take care,

Jody

Jack_dup1

Hi Jody,
    Thanks for thinking of me. I’m doing ok, my wbc continues to clinb every month by a couple points, they are now at 32.6, one year ago they were 7.8, everything else is ok, platelet stay around 100,000. I am still working and traveling on business every other weak. I have some problems with swelling and hemotoma in my right let. Glad you mom is doing ok.
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert