MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Juicing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    katiebear

Does anybody have a recipe for juice that will increase platelets? This isn’t an MDS question. My girlfriend’s aunt has lung cancer and they won’t give her chemo until her platelets increase. Just wondered if there is anything that can be done naturally.

Thanks,
    Katie

patti

Try fresh pineapple juice (one whole pineapple a day) and 2 tbls of black sesame seeds. The pineapple can also be eaten whole if juicing it is not an option.

Why don’t they just give her platelet tranfusions? Weird.

Hope this helps.

patti

hmblume

Juiced pineapple and (ground) black sesame seeds improved my platelets for a period, and then it didn’t. The juiced pineapple should be fresh. I don’t know but wonder also if pineapple should be as fresh and/or if the source of the pineapple is a factor. Best wishes

katiebear

Thanks guys. I have a feeling that she might be too far gone. I know she’s already Stage 4 as it spread to her brain and bones. She asked for my advice so I figured I would try. Thanks again.

patti

Katiebear,

Later today I thought of something else. Someone else on this list (Chuck) has been juicing greens daily and had his platelets go up significantly. HMBlume is right about the pineapple. It has to be fresh, organic is always better. But at this point, fresh would be a good start. But with late stage cancer, juicing greens can do a whole lot then you ever imagined.

patti

katiebear

Patti,

Thanks again for your help. It’s a very hard situation, and I’m trying to be helpful. I don’t think she has the whole picture of what is going on. She approached me for help because my mom passed away from lung cancer three years ago and I guess she thought I could be of assistance. My mom never got the chance to try anything natural that might help. My dad on the other hand, has RAEB and is going to undergo a SCT on the 19th of this month, has no interest in trying this stuff. I wish he would. Anyway, thanks again, and I will tell her about the juicing.

Katie

seekay

Katie Bear,

Patti posted a lot about Nordic Arctic Naturals Fish Oil. Your aunt might do very well to try that as well. Essential Fatty Acids, both in a high quality fish oil and organic flax oil might really help her immune system fight the cancer.

Also, you can search past posts for lots of recipes and discussion on juicing. I agree with Patti; when you juice organic veggies, especially greens, you are giving the body extraordinarily high amounts of oxidizing enzymes and phytochemicals that are known cancer fighters, and the body has to do virtually no work to absorb the nutrients from these large quantities of raw vegetables that one otherwise would have to chew and to digest.

The best way to juice is to use a Champion or Omega type juicer and then a hydraulic press to squeeze more juice from the pulp. These “pressed” juices are like potent medicine that also will help detoxify the body, so one must be very careful if the liver is not working well (for example, if there is constipation or light colored and/or hard bowel movements), because they will strain the already clogged up liver. With the pressed juices, one should start slowly, perhaps with two or three 4 oz glasses spread out throughout the day.

Even a Jack LaLanne or Breville juicer will help a lot, if that’s all that’s available. One could start with just daily glasses of organic, freshly pressed carrot juice.

Christine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert