MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Just diagnosed with MDS (still young)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Just diagnosed with MDS (still young)

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jack L

Hi Pamela,

As most of the previous posts have suggested, getting a knowledgable hemo/onco doctor is very important. More and more information is coming out about new ways to tackle MDS, depending on your situation.
    I am now 37 years old but was diagnosed at 33. MDS was actually a secondary disease to me as it spawned from SAA (severe aplastic anemia).
    I underwent an unrelated mismatched BMT in September 2004. I did have a few complications and battles but in the bigger picture, minor to what others have been through. I am 2+ years post now and have not had a transfusion since October 2004.
    I have to credit the core group of doctors I had for helping me understand my options and being very knowledgable with my disease. I was treated at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA.
    I have too much information floating around in my head to blurb about here. If you would like to pick my brain please feel free to email me.
    Best Wishes.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert