MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

just diagnosed with Treatment related MDS any INFO. would help

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board just diagnosed with Treatment related MDS any INFO. would help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stocker1

confused
    Hello I was recently diagnosed with Treatment Related MDS. I have been in remission from AML Leukemia for 16yrs. My White count goes down and then comes back to normal, My hemoglobin is really high, I had a Phlebotomy on my last visit to the doctor. I would like to hear from anybody that has this type MDS.

Thanks George

worried daughter
    Participant

Hi George,

My mother has also been dx with treatment related MDS. She has NHL and has undergone chemo treatment for this cancer and it eventually caused MDS. She is currently in remission from NHL, but is weak from the MDS – her hemoglobin keeps dipping and needs transfusions (2 bags) every 3-4 weeks. She has a lot of pain in her knees but is otherwise able to function and continue with her daily activities with a bit of struggle.
    The docs feel that the best chance my mom will have right now called a less intense bone marrow transplant. Its a less intense mostly bc of her age – 64. Her brother was an exact match and she will be undergoing this within the month. They told her if she doesnt’ have the less intense BMT than she has a 60% chance of this turning to AML.
    Let me know if you have any questions. Wishing you well,
    Jen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert