MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

kidney and liver function tests

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board kidney and liver function tests

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shirlsgirl

Does anyone monitor their kidney function tests or their liver enzymes?

During my mom’s visit to her family doc. yesterday, her doc said her kidney function tests were better. BETTER…we didn’t know there was anything going on with her kidneys. Was a bit of a shock to us. From now on we are going to also monitor her creatinine, urea and liver enzymes. Funny, her hematologist has never mentioned these other results to her…just her cbc.

Thanks for listening,

Jody

Suzanne

They did check these things on me periodically when I was taking drugs.

Terri

Bob has the BMP blood test which is the kidney and liver before he starts each round of Vidaza.
    they check the Creatinine on the Kidneys as well as the liver enzymes.

Jimbob

The different drugs can wreak holy havoc on the kidney and liver. The clinic monitored that every time I had a CBC and adjusted when neccessary. I don’t remeber what they did but that they were concerned and did do somehthing.
    Jim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert