MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

kidney stones

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board kidney stones

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    eve

does anyone know if there is any connection between mds and the formation of kidney stones

eve

Terri

Eve, I know the doctors are always running test to check Bob’s kidneys and liver with the Vidaza, Whether they could see if he was developing Stones I don’t know. Hope your Dad is doing ok, Sorry I am not much help

Lexingtongrn

I haven’t heard anything about kidney stones yet.

Marsha

Eve,

Funny you should bring this up, I was just in hospital for a day and night with a kidney stone, they are pretty sure it isn’t related to the CMML or BMT I had. As they put it you can get normal diseases as well which means everything isn’t always related to MDS. So I wait to pass the thing. Good luck to you and God Bless. I was in so so much pain I thought I was rejecting my bone marrow. Thank you God my prayers were answered.

Marsha

eve

marsha make sure to drink plenty of water

eve

Marsha

Eve,

drinking so much I feel like i’m floating on a raft. But still don’t think I’ve passed the stone, is it painful to pass it too?

Thanks, God Bless
    Marsha

eve

my husband had several stones

one of them was very painful to pass – but he didn’t know he had it and was not hydrating enough

the doctor says that if you drink loads and loads of water it can sometimes make it easier to pass

you should strain your urine so that you can see if it passed and then they can analyze it in the lab and tell you what it is made of and how to possibly avoid getting more in the future

good luck

eve

Marsha

Thanks everyone, I finally passed the stone late afternoon yesterday, what a relief, thanks for all the advice on drinking that did make it a whole lot easier to pass, but painful. Thanks again

God Bless, Marsha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert