MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Last Day of Round 3

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Last Day of Round 3

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sandy L

Mike had his last shot of round 3 today. Day 6 was terrible with nausea and vomiting. He gets 125mg of Emend before the shots and then three hours later it starts….. He then takes either a Marinol pill or Reglan pill. When that does not work he used the Compazine suppository (dtr just gave that to him yesterday) That seemed to work a little better. He was now only mildly n… and it put him to sleep for three hours.

Looking forward to the next few weeks off. We are going to Aruba for a family vacation on dec 9th and will be gone for 2 full weeks. When we come back he will start round 4 of Vidaza . We are pushing this since it will be going on 5 weeks. Mike is looking forward to this trip. I can’t blame him and I hope that we do not regret going. (For many reasons – different hospitals – different treatment plans – airplane ride ( risk of infections etc….)

patti

Sandy,

I’m glad Mike is done with this round. It sounds so miserable. Enjoy Aruba as much as you can. You guys need a vacation. Maybe for just a few days you call can forget Mike is sick. Sometimes just a little break is so healing.

Have a good time.

Patti

Terri

Good to hear the News, Bob has his last two shots this coming Monday and Tuesday before the holiday, We skip the weekends, Hope his Hgb is coming up. Enjoy your trip. We are also going awain on Dec 3 for a week as well, Bob is looking forward to it. Going to Orlando with the Grandbaby , daugther and son in law. Disney but we are only doing thinks like the Character breakdfast, The CHristmas Processional and reading of the night before CHristmas Etc. DOn’t think Bob will make walking in the Parks but will do all the holiday festivities. Looking forward to it as well. I agree with Patti, I think getting away is good for all, patients and caregivers alike.

Sandy Continued success with the Vidaza I hope for Mike, Ask the DR about the Zofran it works wonders on the nausea.

Sandy L

Thanks Patti and Terri,

We are not going till Dec 9th so I will be reading the posts till then.

diner

Hi Sandy, Hope you guys get to enjoy some time away. I will also be finishing my 3rd cycle of Vidaza this Friday. I don’t have all of the awful nausea that Mike does but I have needed lots of xfusions. Had platelets and red cells today again. Sure hope this treatment starts doing some good things soon. I’ll keep you in my prayers to have a good time. Dee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert