MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Latest Vorinistat Results – Amazing!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Latest Vorinistat Results – Amazing!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Ira N.

Hello Freinds,

Just a note to keep you up to date on my progress. As of last week, all blood counts are still in the normal range. It’s now going on 4 months since treatment stopped. Energy level is fine, but I have been having a hard time getting my appitite back. Anyway I’m certainly not malnourished at 180 lbs. & 5’8″.

On 12/19 I am going for a BMB. That will give an even clearer picture of where I am at.

You are all in my prayers!

Wishing all Peace, Love, and Health!!

Ira

maueenh
    Participant

Ira,

That’s wonderful news. Let us know how you make out on the 19th.

All the best
    Maureen

covergirl

Ira N.,

Thanks for letting us know you are still doing great. I look forward to hearing continued good news about your treatment.

Blessings,
    –cheryl

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Ira,

Congratulations on the continued good health. You have to know that we will all be with you on the 19th.

We will pray for the best possible results! Please, let us know!

Zoe

Ira,

I am so happy for you. Prayers for continued good response!

Zoe

Ira N.

Happy Hollidays!

Wow what a year!! I’m most happy to report that after 20+ weeks of “no chemo” all counts are well into the normal range with platelets at 141K! I am extremely grateful to G-d for carrying me when I could not walk, and getting me well again! We did not do the BMB this visit. My Doc said my counts looked so good that he is sure my myelofibrosis is to a minimum if existant at all. We agreed to do it (BMB) next month.

If you are new to this site, read this thread and know that there is hope for us even if someone told you different. Dr. Amit Verma at Albert Einstein Hospital is a Saint, and should definitly be contacted if you are in or can come to the NYC area.

I send my prayers for all of you for Peace, Love, and Health in the New Year!!

Ira

eve

dear ira

so glad that you are doing well

keep up the good work

eve

Ira N.

Thanks so much Eve. All my best for the New Year!
    Ira

gemloyear

Ira, Yes you are amazing ! I’m sure that your experience is giving many others hope. The trial that you have undergone seems truly amazing. I’m praying for further great results, and good health for you. Peace and happiness to you in the New year.
    God Bless, Ellie

covergirl

Ira,
    What a wonderful way to start the New Year. Take care. You have given us all hope.

–cheryl

Ira N.

Hello to all my freinds!

You are all in my prayers. Had the BMB 9 days ago and my Dr. said the reports look great! My myelofibrosis is very minimal. No problem getting the aspiration this time! And my CBC counts remain in the normal range, except for platelets which was down to 100K. My Dr. assured me that the platelet count is just fine though even being in the lower range.

I also ran into another patient on the same clinical trial and he looked great and told me he felt alot better and was back to work!

If you are new to this forum you should read this thread from the begining. As always, feel free to contact me if I can help in any way!

Ira N.

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Ira,
    I was reading old posts and came across your thread. Are you still reading the forum? It has been 6 months since we have had an update from you and I am sure that I am not the only one curious about how you are doing.

I pray that you are still doing great. Please update us! smile

Mary

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert