MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

lintuzumab anyone?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board lintuzumab anyone?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Birgit

I am trying to find anyone who may have experience with a trial drug “lintuzumab” also known as an engineered monoclonal antibody SGN-33. Monoclonal antibody treatment seems to be a very exciting development in the treatment of MDS and AML. We are awaiting marrow results to see if we indeed are in AML and would then qualify for some trials with this antibody. I am looking for some feedback
    Thanks,
    Birgit

jaxem

birgit
    I know that md anderson has a trial going using Gemtuzumab. not familiar with “lintuzamab” but researched it a bit & found it to be an agent very responsive in elderly patients (median age 80)although the trial size was very low (6 patients). Something to watch. Keep us informed.

Russ P.

In January 2007, I had a note from Dr. Raza that they had a clinical trial with a monoclonal anti-CD33 antibody. Sounds like the drug you mentioned, Birgit.
    Russ

Birgit

Thanks Russ, CD33 is indeed the same drug as Lintuzumab, currently manufactured by Seattle Genetics. Other names it has been known to sneak around as are “Anti-huCD33 mAb” as well as “HuM195”.
    Birgit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert