MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Lola M.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Angie W.

I just read on Lola M.’s Caring Bridge website that she passed away last night. She fought a tough battle after her stem cell transplant last summer. I always admired her positive and faithful attitude.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/lolamattfeld

Kathryn

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. She was an inspiration and such a bright light.

Thank you for letting us know.

Kathryn

Kathy G

I was afraid she wasn’t going to pull through – I am so sorry to hear this. She really was quite an inspiration and her posting some months back about the “alphabet soup of MDS” was great – my Dad even shared it with his doctor and nurses. I went back and printed out a copy of it just 2 weeks ago after he died to keep.
    I pray for her family – and I understand their pain and loss.

Kathy

Terri

such sadness, my heart goes out to her family

angel1

Hello, I am new to this, but wanted to see what others had to say. My father just passed away on Sunday from MDS that became Leukemia. His biggest fear was that he would bleed to death, which is what he indeed did. All of his family was at his bedside when he died, but he was an inpatient at the VA Hospital in Des Moines, and they treated him terribly. I wish that more people understood this disease and could treat the patients with understanding and support. I pray for research to find a cure for this dreaded disease.

gemloyear

Angie, thanks for letting us know of Lola’s passing.Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.
    Ellie & Glen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert