MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Loss of my wife

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Loss of my wife

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    McP

My wife passed away last month from septic shock. She started treatment with Dacogen in July and had a very back experience with the drug. She received 5 days of treatment. Needed a tx during the treatment. The followup the next week showed her HCT, WBC and Platelets dropping quickly. Four days later, she started bleeding while brushing her teeth and could not get the bleeding to stop. Rushed to ER, platelet count 0. 2 Units platelets, 4 units blood. Infection set into her jaw. Follow up with antibiotic and antifungal. Over the next 3 weeks, platelets rose to 120 but HCT and WBC continued to drop. Received 2 additional Tx. Awoke with a mild fever, became significantly higher. Rushed to the ER, experienced mutiple organ failure over the next 12 hours. She died as I was holding her.

The light of my life is gone.

May God bless and keep the rest of you safe.

sdrake

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

God Bless,
    Shari

Zoe

I am sorry to hear your sad news. May God bless you, encourage you and surround you with love.

Zoe

Esther

My heart is aching for you.

May you find strength and courage to move gently into the future. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Renée

drinaldi

There are no words.

My husband died in a similar situation after one week of dacogen treatment. It has been four very hard months. My heart breaks for you and your family and my prayers will be with you.

diane

McP

I pray daily for all of those suffering thru this disease. Have strength.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Chris

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Chris,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this heart wrenching time. Your signature is a testimony to your faith that your wife is truely in the Lord’d arms now.

So sorry for your loss.

Mary and Mike

mtair37

So sorry for your loss, prayers and thoughts for you and your family. Remember the better times and memories of her life.

alimcden
    Participant

Chris

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband in the same way a year ago, so fully understand how you are feeling right now. We send our love to you and your family. Take care.

Alison and family

Laurie H

Hi there, I want to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. My mom who’s account this is just passed away on 10/23/09. Her MDS turned into full blow acute lukiemia. She did chemo and it worked. She was set to come home 2 weeks after the completion. I went and saw her the day she gave me the news and gave her a big hug as I thought things would be ok. I then talked to her on the 20th and she was getting platelets to do a lung biopsy. She aquired a lung infection and within 2 days her organs too began to shut down and she passed away with me holding her hand and rubbing her head. I am devistated. I feel that she wasnt taken as seriously as she shoul have been by doctors and myself. I saw her as industructable because she always pulled thru. I plan to dedicate my life to her cause and wont ever stop helping others with MDS. I loved my mom, she was my best friend and Ill miss her.

mtair37

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family. Hopefully someday you will be able to remember the better times you shared.

mtair37

Sorry for your loss. It is so sad that we have to lose the loved ones we care so much about. But even worse when you think they were not taken serious with the problems. I check in often on this site to see if there are any new hopes for those suffering from MDS. I sometimes feel the same way about my husband and what they are doing for him. Hope you can get through this tough time and someday remember how much your Mother loved and appreciated you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert