MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Low grade Fever

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Low grade Fever

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joy’s Daughter
    Participant

My mom has had a low grade fever in the evenings ranging from 100-100.6 degrees for the last four days. We give her tylenol and get her cooled down then around the middle of the night her fever will go away. Does anyone have any advise.
    Thank You
    Allison

Neil

Do you have a recent CBC that would indicate her WBC, particularly her neutrophils?
    What has her doc had to say about the fever?

maueenh
    Participant

Allison,

My father’s wbc was very low so we were instructed to bring him into the hospital if his temp exceeded 100.5

I agree with Neil. Ask the doctor.

Maureen

Jack_dup1

I also get random fevers, they occur about once a month, last a few day, go up as high as 103, usually go away in the early am, then return late afternoon, they will usually end with night sweats. I have had every possible test such a cultures, white blood cell scan and Gallium scan and they have no explanation other than the usual “it’s the disease”.
    My neut. usually are in 15-20 range with percentage of 75%
    Jack

bety

Recently, my husband had an oral temp of 101. It went down to 100.6 when I called our hematologist. He prescribed an antibiotic for around 5 or 7 days. After 2 days, the temp came down to normal, but we continued the prescribed dosage. Part of the temp may have been due to dehydration. I made sure that he was drinking enough fluids and still do. I should mention that his wbc count hovers around 0.4!!!
    All the best, bety

Joy’s Daughter
    Participant

Thank you everyone for your help.
    Allison

lindajo

I run low grade fevers 3-4 days a week in the evening. Usually end with night sweats. An ice pack from the freezer generally keeps it below 100.1. This is routine for me after 16 years.

lindajo

Teresa

My Mom was running a fever off and on for 3 months. Was on antibiotics 2x and the fevers would go away. They came back and testing showed her gallbladder needed to come out. Something to think about.

Teresa

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert