MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Luke's Last Day

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Luke's Last Day

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I want to thank you all so much for your messages. I have been sitting here reading them feeling overwhelmed by you, and by the comfot you give me.

Today I wrote about Luke’s last day on our blog:
    http://lukeandmargaret.blogspot.com/

I am grieving deeply, most assuredly, but when you read about how he chose to leave us you will understand when I say it is hard to be devastated by sadness when he was so incredibly gracious and generous on his last day. You may need kleenex, I warn you now. But this is the best way I can think of to …. well read it and you’ll see what I mean.

He is, was, quite simply, a gift of a man.
    Margaret

patti

Margaret,

That was very touching. You did a good job giving a good description of Luke. He sounds like a great guy. I pray your heart will be filled with sweet memories.

Patti

sugarwhale

Dear Margaret,
    I read your blog. I can’t stop crying. I don’t know what to say. I wish I could say the right thing. You are such a courageous, wonderful lady.
    Yours in friendship,
    Janet

Harold

Margaret, thank you for sharing this with us. It was a very uplifting tribute to Luke and an inspiration to us all. I’ll continue to remember you in the days ahead.

CarolineG

Margaret,

I read your blog. I don’t know what to say. It must have been so beautiful and yet so difficult. I am glad that you had that time with Luke and that you can always have that memory. It sounds like we all missed out greatly on having had the pleasure of meeting Luke and spending time with him in person.

I think of you all the time Margaret, and pray that you and your family are alright at this time.

Caroline

sdrake

It is obvious through your grief and sadness that you realize how truly blessed you are to have shared life with Luke. He was equally blessed to have found you.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. God bless you and yours.

sdrake

Kathryn

How beautiful…. What a gift he gave. Margaret, thank you so much for sharing.

With love,

Kathryn

karenkay

Margaret,
    Well, I boo-hooed through that blog, but in the best way possible. What a true gift. How blessed to be able to spend the rest of your days knowing things were not left unsaid. I thank you for sharing such a moment of grace with us. I am so happy for Luke to spend his last day on this earth with such love and comfort!!
    God bless and comfort you all.
    Your friend,
    karenk

Sandy L

Margaret,

I do not know what to say to comfort you at this time. My heart goes out to you. Please stay strong and hopefully tomorrow you can start putting your leife back on track.

Sandy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert