MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

lymph nodes (1,1 to 1,3 cm)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board lymph nodes (1,1 to 1,3 cm)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sue Barroso
    Participant

First of all, thank you for what you do, trying to help us all. I’ve been seen by 4 or 5 physicians but they tell me different things and I don’t know what to think anymore. . Last summer, maybe, I realized I had a nodule on my neck (region 5B). I also had a severe muscular complication on my cervical because of an accident I had 5 yrs prior to that. A couple of months later, my physical therapist told me I had another one behind my head, on the back, below the skull, on the neck . Two months ago I discovered another one in the basis of the skull, left side. I’ve done medical exams (CAT scan), blood analysis, hemogram, X-Ray, endoscopy,, and I found I have H Pylori. But I still fear other diseases, such as lymphoma (I wasn’t worried until the first physician told me about that possibility). I now live anxious all the time. I have no symptoms at all but I am aware that sometime it can happen. One of the surgeons who saw me has worked for the past 40 years in this field (surgery of head and neck at the institute of oncology) and he told me to relax and to not think about it. He also told me to get back if they got bigger. He is known for being extremely careful about this and so I wanted to calm down. At the hospital, an internist I know also told me to be calm and to repeat some of the exams a couple of months from now. However, some general physicians got me worried. The second surgeon I saw told me that they lymph nodes are elastic, ovular (not round) and that is good but that the only way to know is to do a biopsy. I’m afraid because everyone tells me different things. By the ways, the nodules are between 1,1 cm and 1,3cm (at least they were a month ago). I’m 37yrs old, I’m a teacher + international relations and European projects manager, have long hours at work. I also felt that stress was starting to affect me a couple of years ago. I have thyroid issues (Hashimoto) and in the last CAT scan they discovered some fibrosis on my lungs – not much. Some physicians tell me to calm down, others get me to worry so much. I wasn’t worried, as I told you, but now I am… Let me also say that I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I eat greens and red fruits. Shall I worry, wait…? Can it be something benign? The blood analysis were ok (namely, PCR and SV/VS) Thank you so much. I know there are so many of us asking you all these questions… All my best.

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

Sue,
    Your bloodwork is the window to your health. If your bloodwork is good I would go about life with vigor. Read Phillipians 4:6,7. ‘Don’t worry about anything……”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert