MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Mayo Clinic Bone Marrow Transplant

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Mayo Clinic Bone Marrow Transplant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    txnmomma

Hello..

Since my father is becoming transfusion dependent, his hemo/onco dr decided to refer him to the Mayo Clinic to look at the possibilities of a BMT. *sigh*

We went for a consultation appt in July. He has a BMB done and then next [August 9]- I am taking him to get the results of the BMB and talking to the dr about a BMT. It seems thats the next route.

Any input??

I am SO FREAKED OUT!!! frown and really scared to be honest. and my gosh, my dad is a nervous wreck. frown frown

Zoe

Wendy,

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hang in there. Take it one step at a time, and breathe.

Zoe

gj

Wendy

Sorry to hear about your dad. An excellent source for info on transplants is BMTINFONET. They have a wealth of info. I went thru an autologous(my own stem cells) transplant in 2005 and would be happy to answer any questions about it that I can.
    Wishing you both the best
    greg

jaxem

tx
    has there been a donor identified (MRD or MUD)? only 30% find donors that qualify. type of mds?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert