MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

(((MDS)))

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board (((MDS)))

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alisaki
    Participant

Hi
    i am ali and 27 years old .1 years ago i understand i have MDS 5q del. when i use (((https://www.mds-foundation.org/ipss-r-calculator/)))
    result show me 8 years to survive.
    what that mean???? 8 years later i am die??? or my MDS go to AML???what happen if i dont use any treatment???
    pleas hellping me to know .
    i cant speak english well. short abd simply answering.
    thank you very much.

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Welcome!
    once thing you will learn with this disease is that everyone is different! Everyone has a different response to the different treatments. You are young which is in your favor. Have they mentioned transplant to you? Why are you boycotting treatment?

alisaki
    Participant

Hi Mary
    no . my wbc is very low . and my dr told me transplant not good for me. about boycotting : i am living in iran and hier not drug lik revlimid i think country have Revilimid not sell it to iran.i dont know what i have to do.my drug now is B12-B6-FOLIC ASID.i have stress .
    thank you for reply.

riccd2001
    Participant

Hi Alisaki: I’m sorry to hear of your situation. Although I’m much older than you, I have 5q del MDS also and did try 10mg Revlimid for 4 weeks. I had to stop using Revlimid because it caused my WBC to fall to a dangerously low level – that is a known side effect for Revlimid.

You say that your WBC is low and I don’t believe Revlimid would be a good treatment for you at this time. With low WBC you have to be careful to avoid infections.

alisaki
    Participant

hi dear riccd2001 thank you.
    i don’t know that detail about revlemid. but what i have to do.what kind of drug good for me.my dr don’t tell me any thing about mds . he just reading my blood test.evry month and take from me money i am so angry of him…
    and now stress and pressure killing me
    thank you again .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert