MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS and noise bleeds

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS and noise bleeds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    andrew

Hi my mother has MDS 5q- and is being treated with thalidomide (one 25g dose every other night and her haemoglobin has been 13+ for a year and a bit) – she seems to develop nose bleeds when she gets a cold – does anyone else have this symptom – or have any ideas? Would really appreciate some advice. Thank you.

eve

nosebleed QR (purchased over the counter) can be used for a very bad nosebleed – otherwise i would suggest keeping the nose lubricated with a saline solution or vaseline – also using a humidifier in the room might help to keep the nose from getting dry

eve

Jerry

Andrew …

I have nosebleeds, one of which sent me to the emergency room. But I have learned how to control them. First, I went online and purchased Nosebleed QR that Eve suggested. I bought them online to save a lot of money. Second, and this is a bit gross, but probably most important, my ENT doctor told me to never blow my nose but to suck backwards and if necessary, spit out the junk. Third, Debbie and I put a good room humidifier (as Eve suggested) in the room and we run it every night. Finally, I also use the saline solution to keep the tissues moist. I have tried to convince Debbie that I need to move to the Caribbean and the moist tropical climate, but so far she isn’t buying it. I hope some of this helps.

Jerry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert