MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS and now lung cancer

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS and now lung cancer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    maggiemag
    Participant

Well I was diagnosed about 2 years ago now with 5q- MDS. So far counts are still holding above 10.0 Hb and all, and I am on watch and wait status. For this I am quite thankful!

For some ongoing lung issues, I have had serial CAT scans of the chest for a couple of years. I have a number of pulmonary nodules and one started growing. Then it grew again on the next scan and then again. Argh. They thought right away it was lung cancer and I had the surgery the end of Oct. and it is. Luckily it was still Stage 1A, which means clear margins and negative nodes, so that means NO CHEMO! I guess I should be grateful, and I am, but counting basal cell cancer which I have had twice, this makes my third cancer! I think it’s someone else’s turn now, doncha think?

Let’s hoping my CBC continue to be stable. Anyone else out there with lung cancer as well? (BTW, I quit smoking in 1977; …not a typo.)

Hope everyone gets good news this week,

Margaret

I think you’re right Maggie.

Let’s send all the cancer to the mean people.

Gene_In_Va

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert