MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

mds associated with monosomy 7

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board mds associated with monosomy 7

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dylansfolks

any othersout here

dylansfolks

anyone????

paml

I had the beginnings MDS prior to 1987 with no chromosome abnormalities. In December of last year the MDS tranformed to leukemia and the I had the monosomy 7 abnormality then. I am recovering from a 3/2009 stem cell transplant.

Pam

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Pam,
    May I ask what you mean by you are recovering from your 3/20/09 stem cell transplant? Are you having complications? Do you mind sharing? As you can read from my signature, my husband also had a stem cell transplant and is at day 75. So far, things have gone very smooth. What has your experience been? We don’t hear alot on this forum about transplants and we are always curious to celebrate in the successes of others.

Please share,
    Mary

paml

Hi Mary,
    I guess what I meant by recovering from my transplant is that the road to wellness is a process and that it’s not a straight line to the finish; or at least it hasn’t been for me. I was re-hospitalized for 17 days after my initial transplant release due to GVHD and CMV. After that event and subsequent immunosuppressive taper I was good for about two weeks before I was back in clinic with a head to toe body itch; GVH of the skin again. I’m currently on 20mgs of Prednisone down from 160mgs (no 160 isn’t a typo). I was re-hospitalized one other time for two nights for an infection; I responded well to antibiotics.

I get very tired so I pick and choose what I’m up for in day or evening. While out in public I still wear a mask because of my suppressed immune system. I have neuropathy in my feet and finger tips from the 22 doses of chemo that I’ve had. I’m sure there’s more but in the scheme of things I tell people I’m just happy to be walking in the green grass. Please know that none of the above is complaining it’s just a description. I feel very blessed for experiencing this level of healing. It was this time last year that I found out that my MDS was transforming and in all probability had already moved to AML.
    I have read your posts on the forum and am very happy that Mike is recovering well from his transplant. I’ve kept a journal on CaringBridge if you’d like to take a look at my journey; the link is as follows,

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/pamlalumiere/journal

I’m happy to share anything about my experience, feel free to ask. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, and a Happy, healthy New Year.

Best Regards,
    Pam (Day +273)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert