MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS – dermatology issues (Sweet's Syndrome?)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS – dermatology issues (Sweet's Syndrome?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William Eagle
    Participant

I wonder if anyone has lesions/sores caused by MDS, and if they take any pill or cream for it?
    Also, does your main MDS doctor take care of all the spin-offs you can have from MDS (including autoimmune and inflammatory issues, skin issues, etc). It’s frustrating because it seems like the different conditions (linked to MDS) require different doctors.

Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Bill, Where are the lesions/sores located on your body?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by .
    William Eagle
    Participant

Different types, occasionally on my legs, arms, now elbow. One on my lower back. I haven’t had them in a while — the infusion Remicade usually keeps them suppressed. They can sting, and usually go away in a few weeks…my back started itching a few months ago, and my primary care doctor says she knows MDS patients who itch (there may be a histamine reaction?). I can send you a photo if you send me an alternative e-mail. Here’s one for me — I don’t mind getting e-mails here: aigle@verizon.net.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear William,

Hematology/Oncology MDs will care for most aspects of MDS but often will refer to other sub-specialty MDs if needed. I would recommend that you get a second opinion from a dermatologist. If you do not live close to an academic clinic, it may be worth the travel to get a good answer for the skin issues.

Remicade is an anti TNF infusion approved to treat Chron’s disease so I must say I am not familiar with the situation you have described.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert