MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS Diabetes

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS Diabetes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dawn

I am curious as to how many folks or family members who have MDS have also developed type II diabetes…I guess I would like to know if there is a correlation between the two diseases? Thanks everyone!

Neil

Hi Dawn,
    I have type 2 diabetes and MDS (RCMD).
    Both my hemo & internist have said the two are not related. They are completely independent od each other, at least in my case.
    I can control my blood sugar with drugs, diet and exercise. Wish it was that simple with the MDS.
    My diabetes is under control and does not get any worse as the MDS varies.

covergirl

Dawn,
    I too am diabetic. It is in my family, but triggered in me last summer after takend pretnosone(sp).
    Right now, I hate it worst than having MDS. I too try to control with diet and medication. Could do better on the exercise. In fact, my internist told me if I lost 20-25 lbs., I could probably come off the medication.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert