MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS meetings

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS meetings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jimbob

Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation, Inc.
    The AA&MDSIF is pleased to announce four presentations on MDS with question and answer sessions on MDS for patients given by expert hematologists. These meetings will include lunch and are FREE of charge. Please contact Elizabeth Bradley at 800.747.2820 or bradley@aamds.org for details and to register to attend. These meetings will take place in the following cities:

HOUSTON, Texas
    Friday, October 28, 2005
    with Dr. Paolo Anderlini of MD Anderson Cancer Center

CLEVELAND, Ohio
    Monday, November 7, 2005
    with Dr. Mikkael Sekeres of the Cleveland Clinic

BOSTON, Massachusettes
    Friday, November 14, 2005
    with Dr. Richard Stone of Dana Farber Cancer Center

BALTIMORE, Maryland
    Tuesday, November 22, 2005
    with Dr. Steven Gore of Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins

Space is limited so please call 800.747.2820 right away to register for these meetings!

Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation, Inc.
    P.O. Box 613 Annapolis Maryland 21404-0613
    http://www.aamds.org

Jerry

Jim ….

Thank you … I just spoke with Elizabeth and signed up for the Cleveland meeting … As an added note, this will be a pretty easy meeting … Lunch at 1:00pm followed by a brief presentation by the Dr. and then a question and answer period .. All will end by 4:00pm. Thanks again for the “heads up”.

Suzanne

I have been to several of these. They cover the basics for new people but also latest developments in reasearch & the status of new treatments.(I never got lunch!) the last one was not long ago and I heard Dr. Gore. His presentation was excellent. So those of you in the DC/Baltimore area try for that one. The Sidney Kimmel clinic is very nice, not hard to get to(all my treatment has been there) and there is ample parking nearby.

JulieMarie

Jerry,

I’m also signed up to go to the Cleveland meeting with my mother…We’ll have to try to meet up and meet in person.

Jerry

JulieMarie,

I will look forward to it. I am from the Columbus area and will get a lot of The Cleveland Clinic in the next couple of weeks. I have an appt with Dr. Maciejewski on the 26th. So, by mid November, I should know a lot more about this disease.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert