MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS on ER / Hospital ratings

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS on ER / Hospital ratings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lucym

Well hello all……just thought you would like to know we have become famous. Tonight on the ER episode one of the patients who came in had MDS. This is the first time since my mother was diagnosed in March 05 that I have heard of the disorder mentioned. My Mom is feeling OK. We are going for another BMB next week at NY Pres/Cornell. We are hoping the ATG is making more marrow and better cells. She has been having a lot of lower back pain, the Dr. seems to think it may be the ATG working making more marrow, but we can not find any information that this occurs. We are hoping to convince my Mom to do SCT at NY Pres instead of West. Med. Center. Has anyone out there had a SCT done at NYP? Would love to hear of any information about stay at NYP. Does anyone know how to find out information about hospital statistics? It seems BMT info and other sites are not updated. Wishing you all good thoughts. Thanks for being here.

PaigeS

Oh, I missed that episode. It’s nice to know that we’re getting more “press” smile

I don’t know where you could find the statistics, but I bet someone on here will!!!

CarolineG

I saw ER last night too.
    I read an article awhile ago that said that the man with MDS was going to be on more than one episode and they would track his disease for this season. That’s probably why he will end up hiring Sam to be his private nurse.

Caroline

franm

Hi:

Jim and I saw that episode also and were very impressed that they had that on. I am so glad that they did. We are hopeing that Jim’s biopsy that he will be taking next month will be good.

did you guys know that Shirley Temple Black’s husband died of MDS?

Just wanted you to know.

Fran (Jim’s wife)

TandyB

My husband and I sat down last night and watch the ER we had recorded from the week before. My husband was just diagnosed with MDS for sure on March 10th, so this is really fresh with us. I was amazed to see this on ER and I am looking forward to watching future shows about this patient. We are currently waiting to see if my husbands brother or sister is a match we should know on March 20th.

Too bad I don’t have tv. I would have really liked to have seen that episode.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert