MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS secondary to non hodgkins lymphoma progress to MDS (RARS) to AML

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MDS secondary to non hodgkins lymphoma progress to MDS (RARS) to AML

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susan C

Is there any one on this forum that fits this criteria. I was told that this is the most critical type of Leukemia. I need to hear some positive feed back from those who fit this criteria. Suzanne was very encouraging, yet I’m not positive that the criteria is the same. I have little time to do research since I’m at the hospital 19 hours per day.

Thank you.

Susan aka Britt

pierre

Susan–

Not an exact fit, since my mother has (had, we hope) MDS secondary to breast cancer, but it also progressed to AML.

She’s now a few weeks post stem-cell transplant and doing well.

MDS/AML is indeed critical, doubly so when the MDS is secondary to another cancer. But anything is possible. Don’t give up.

Jim

Pierre,
    If I may ask, how old is your Mom??

JW

lbeachbum2

I also have intermediate 2 MDS caused by 2 treatments of Hodgkins with a stem cell transplant in 2002 …. 3 months they told me something went wrong and now Im facing tring to get into remission ,,, then triple Bypass surgery , and then a Stem cell transplant with a 3rd party …any info you might get please pass to me too …Im a 48 year old male on Long Island and Im now on Decitabine Chemo …I got no reaction from Revlild…Mike

pierre

Jim–69.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert