MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MDS wins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trish

My husband Bill lost his fight against MDS/AML on 14th January. We fought for two years beginning in Beirut in March 2007 when he was on Vidaza for several months and then it stopped working and we moved back to UK in March 2008 and he was treated by Prof. Mufti at Kings College Hospital London. First round of chemo gave him a remission but AML returned before date of BMT. Further chemo and the conditioning chemo prior to BMT on 21st August. We were very hopeful but by October the AML was back and we moved back to our home in the north of England for palliative care. This enabled Bill to be at home with visits to the Victoria Hospital in Blackpool for supportive treatment. He wanted to last till Christmas and then our wedding anniversary on 4th Jan . He passed away peacefully at home as he had wished .
    Thank you for all the information I have taken from the forum it enabled us to give it our best shot but to no avail.

jaxem

trish
    so sorry about Bill. At least you know he’s at peace from this [censored] of a disease. I may be cynical but we’ve got a long, long way to go to stem a lot of these blood diseases like aml, n-h lymphoma, etc.

Marcla

Trish, My warm and heartfelt prayers are with you as you get throught these sad days. Keep the good memories close at heart
    and let God give you peace and comfort. I, too, recently lost my companion and best friend to this awful disease, so I can relate to your feelings at this moment. Keep strong and know that he is now free of all pain and walking the streets of gold. This has been my comfort….I hope it can be yours.
    Marla Clark …. marcla@consolidated.net

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Trish,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, Bill. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Mary

Alice S
    Participant

Dear Trish,

So sorry to hear about Bill. Mom is gone 6 months, her ashes rest on my mantle piece. I miss her, but can finally breathe something else besides MDS.
    Do keep in touch if you wish,you have my email.
    A big hug to you.
    Alice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert