MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Meetings and Spleens

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Meetings and Spleens

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hmblume

1. For San Francisco Bay area residents, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society will host a patient update meeting Sat 2/3/2007 in SFO. Peter Greenberg of Stanford will talk for an hour on recent advances in MDS treatment, followed by an hour Q&A. About 35 of us came to last year’s talk and found it very worthwhile.
    LLS contacts 415-625-1157 or 866-450-0669

2. Our local MDS Support group will meet at 2 PM
    Sunday 1/14 at Park Blvd Prebyterian Church, 4101 Park Blvd, Oakland. RSVP Chris Smith 415-776-4995. Next meetings on following second Sundays.

3. For ITP patients and low platelets generally there is also a Platelet Disorder Support Organization, http://www.pdso.org There are two support groups with similar names, 1 in USA and 1 in UK. I perceive that some percent of ITP patients have spleen issues and that splenectomy has been done with higher platelet counts following. My understanding of this is very low, but those with platelet/spleen issues may find some interest in the PDSO reader’s forum.
    My CMML is no longer under MDS in USA, hasn’t been under MDS for some time in Europe, isn’t ITP either although blood counts and issues are similar, and isn’t really leukemia, so I scramble to find knowledge and those with similar issues. But, I still feel good and live actively. Best New Year’s wishes.

Jerry

Happy New year ….
    Went to http://www.pdso.org and got a Public Defender’s org. Is there another website? Thank you ….
    Jerry

Jack_dup1

Hi Jerry,
    Hope all is well. I think it is pdsa.org
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert