MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

MY DAD IS GONE

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board MY DAD IS GONE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    sherrygal

My daddy passed away peacefully in his sleep in a hospice unit on March 19. He had developed severe Petechiae on his feet and legs and it was moving into his trunk area. He had suffered a heart attack two weeks earlier and could not recover because of the conflict with medications. The CMML began to escalate and his doctor said it had probably advanced to an acute stage. We are awaiting the last pathology report to confirm this. He was a true tough Texas Cowboy till the end. We miss him so much. Thanks for all your information and support and I will continue to read your post and pray for you. My son will continue to run for a cure.

covergirl

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. May your memories soothe you and confort you always.
    –cheryl

patti

Sherrygal,

I am sorry for the loss of your dad. Take good care.

patti

CarolineG

Sherrygal,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss of your Dad. He put up a good fight. You all did.

I will keep you and your son in my prayers as he runs for a cure.

Blessings,
    Caroline

eve

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

Jack_dup1

Sherrygal,
    I am sorry for your loss, as you go through this difficult time, know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and you family.
    Jack

shirlsgirl

Dear Sherrygal,

I’m so sorry. Your Dad fought so hard. Please know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Jody

Jim

So sorry to hear about your loss but I’m sure your Dad is in a better place.
    JW

sherrygal

Thanks to all of you for your condolences. Jim, you are so right. He is in a far better place and is no longer suffering. We had a happy celebration of life in the midst of our grief. He was a rock to me and my sons.

lindajo

I am so sorry that he lost the fight. Take comfort in knowing how much it meant to him to have your love and support. Lindajo

Terri

My deepest symphathies I am so sorry to hear this sad news.

hope&faith

Sherrygal,

I am sorry for your famlies loss and you and your family are in our prayers.

Jeff

JAGGYONE

Sherrygal,
    I just saw your post and was saddened to hear of your loss. May memories help comfort you in your time of sorrow.
    Stay strong and remember that what the heart once had, it will never lose.

Judy

Brenda P

Be strong like your dad. i’m so sorry about your loss, i know it’s painful and i’m thinking of you.

CAR

So Sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I’m glad his suffering is over, tough Texan or not.

Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert