MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My daddy passed away

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My daddy passed away

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    chewgie

First I want to thank all of you for your postings. I was new here and you all took the time to give me a few minutes of your time, and I know your time is presious.
    My daddy joined the Lord this past Monday. It was very sudden. He had a stroke Sunday morning while getting ready for church. After a CT we discovered he had 15 tumors in his head and several in his neck. (we had no idea these tumors existed prior to the stroke)One of those tumors began to bleed, and there was nothing to be done except to keep him comfortable, which I made sure they did until he passed on Monday morning. His doctors are not sure if these tumors were related to his cancer. A happy note is he began eatting about 3weeks ago and had gained 18lbs. He got out and visited his great grandchildren on the Tuesday before the stroke. ( it was a warm sunny day here in VA. and he sat outside and talked to my 3yr old grandson, his pride and joy for a long time) I miss him sooo but I know he is free, and happy. Thank you so much for this site. God be with you all.
    Robin

eve

dear robin

so very sorry to hear about the passing of your dad – may all the loving memories you have of him live within your heart forever

eve

Robin
    I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I’m glad that you had those few precious days of your dad’s improvement – what a gift.
    Margaret

Sandy M

my thoughts are with you and your family

riley

Robin,
    I’m very sorry to read of your loss. I hope your memories of your father will bring you comfort. My prayers are with you.
    Nicole

Marsha

Robin,

So very sorry to read about the loss of your father, try to remember the good things you shared and I pray to God that he gives you the peace and strength you deserve. God Bless, Marsha

shirlsgirl

Dear Robin,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad’s passing. My thoughts are with you and your family….

Jody

ButchL
    Participant

Robin:

I am sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family to bring you comfort.

Butch

Caroline

Robin:

I am so sorry for your loss. You loved your Dad very much. My prayers are with you.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Terri

My prayers go out to all of you. I am so sorry,
    God Bless

Sandy L

Robin

Sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. So glad that he had such wuality time just before his demise.

gemloyear

I’m so sorry to hear of your fathers passing.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Ellie

Jerry

Robin ….

Debbie’s and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jerry

Bec

Dear Robin,

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Grandparents, Parents, and Great-grandparents are a special “breed”. I am glad your 3 yr old grand got to spend time with your Dad.

Take Care My prayers are with you
    Bec

Jimbob

Dear Robin,
    I am sorry that your dad has passed away. It’s good that he was able to spend time with your grandson. Cherish the good memories and remind the kids of the good times so your dad will stay alive in the grandkids memories, too.
    Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert