MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My early Christmas present

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My early Christmas present

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LynnI
    Participant

As of this week, my HGB is now 147, WBC and PLTs continue to be normal.
    I am also over 20 wks tx independant and going strong.
    The Valproic Acid certainly has been an excellent treatment for me and we are hopeful that it continues to be longterm.
    I would like to thank everyone for your suppose, best wishes, compassion and knowledge especially when I was so scared and new to this jounery of fighting MDS. My heart goes out to those that have this damned disease worse than I do and to those who have lost their loved ones.

Happy and safe Holidays
    Lynn

PupsRule

Congratulations!!!! Thanks for your kind wishes and have a wonderful holiday season!

choijk

Lynn,

I am so happy for your success! My dad has an appointment tomorrow and I’m going to talk to our hema about it. Do you take any other medication? For instance, we saw my dad’s general practioner and he just plcaed my dad back on high blood pressure medication.

One more question, what dosage do you take? is it still the same?

Cheers to your great success. Happy Holidays!!!

LynnI
    Participant

Choijk,

Thanks, no I am not on any other medications. I am on the same dose of 500 mg per day. I have also not experienced any fatigue or any other side effects from this drug other than some very mild trembling in my hands.
    Good luck with your Dad.

Lynn

jaxem

Lynn
    good for you!! Everyone is different as it has been stated over & over again. Glad to hear something is working for patients with this evil disease.

paml

Lynn,

Merry Christmas, you couldn’t ask for a better gift!

I have an appointment at Ohio State scheduled for 12/29 with a Dr. Blum. Dr. Blum has at least two trials going on at this time. There was some suggestion in an early conversation that I might qualify for at least 1 of them. I’ll post after the appointment.

Happy Holidays to all,

Pam L.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert