MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My father's condition update

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My father's condition update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kerrylai

Hi,Everyone,
    I have been reading this forum very often. I want to thank you for all of your support during my confusion and scaring. I cut the story short:
    My dad used to suffer for CLL from 2004, In July 4th, his WBC just drop to 600. He acted normally except this low WBC. We sent him to ER, but nothing be done. ER point one of blood disorder Dr to get my dad bone marrow, he found out someting suspect, so he told me my dad might have MDS. – that is the moment I join this and try to get all kinds of infomration and support.

When his primary Dr. come back from vocation and also review the situation, he told me dad, it is not MDS, it is the reaction when the days beween last chemo and borne marrow test are too closed. His CLL is dispear from his born marrow. I am happy but I still want to have second opinion.

I sent my dad to Dr. Greenberg in Standford. Thank God, he said the same thing, except, he said if my dad WBC, RBC and plate are stay noraml for next few months, then, it won’t be MDS, it might just termpary reaction from his born marrow. Also his
    CLL is clear from his bone marrow.

I am so happy. I pray to the Lord everyday, my church friend also pray for us. I cannot believed God is so kind to me. It really exceed what I ask for. I just write this happy letter to share all of you. I know pray is really work.

Sandy M

Congratulation…thats wonderful, Dr. Greenberg really knows his business, he’s a excellent Dr. and also saw my fiance Joe.

shirlsgirl

Yay Kerry!!! That’s terrific news, you must be thrilled!

Thanks for sharing the good news smile

Jody

patti

Kerry,

Praise the Lord! What a blessing to hear this. I am very pleased for you. Hug your dad and go do something fun today after all this stress!

Patti

kerrylai

Thank you everyone. I will still take my dad to UCSF to check out every few weeks and make sure everything is stable. I will keep in touch !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert