MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My sister

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My sister

• This topic has 18 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 18 years ago by QQ.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    patti

QQ,

Last night I had a huge email typed out and when I went to post it this website server went down. Arrgghh! So, I’ll try again.

The following list is what mom’s naturapath has pared her down to. She was taking much much more than this when she and I were walking this road by ourselves. Along with these supplements she eats a very strict diet of whole foods, no sugar, no white flour and as few additives as is possible.

B Complex vitamin – once daily

Intenzyme Forte – 5 tabs 3x’s daily (enzymes, very important for whole body)

Kidney activator (Natures Sunshine) – once daily (kidneys tend to take a beating with this disease)

Chlorella – one cap. 2x’s daily

Spirulina – one cap. 2x’s daily

Bluegreen Algae – one cap. 2x’s daily

Essiac Tea (Natures Sunshine) – one cap. 3x’s daily (make sure you find original formula that only has 4 ingredients)

Bone Marrow (Priority one – Natures Pharmacy) – 2 caps. 3x’s daily

Shark liver oil – one cap. 3x’s daily

Florasource probiotic – 5 caps. 2x’s daily (best probiotic that can be bought. A probiotic is a MUST. Fungus is a real problem with this disease)

Whey protein – one scoop daily (helps prevent muscle wasting)

Vitamin K – (Life Extension) 9mg. tabs. 2x’s daily (This is only needed if the platelets are below normal.) It works very very well when platelets are low to help prevent bleeding/bruising. Also, MOST vit. K on the market is 100mcg. Very important to get the 9MG tabs. I was only able to find them at Life Extension Foundation on the web.

One whole juiced pineapple daily (must be fresh) and 1 tbls black sesame seeds – this is to build platelets if they’re low. It seems to only work for awhile though.

Low platelets would mean anything under 150,000. I would not recommend the Vit. K unless a person is at or below about 75,000k because a person’s body is still pretty able to prevent bleeding even at those low numbers. My MIL’s have never been above the 20’s. She is currently at 9K. This particular vitamin is the ONLY one the doctor will admit is helping because despite mom’s low platelets she has no petichiae and no obvious bleeding internal or external. Just the occassional small bruise.

Hope this all helps. I would highly recommend finding a cancer naturapath or an integrative medicine doctor. They will do a good job of helping to strengthen the body. Also, this stuff will help lengthen her life, but it won’t cure her. I really am beginning to believe the best way to go for a cure is Chinese medicine (unless you want to go the transplant route).

If your sister can’t take all of these the absolute crucial ones are shark liver oil, probiotic, whey protein and Vit. K if she has low platelets. If she can’t get them in China, maybe you could send them to her from the US? If you need sources for these things let me know. If there’s anything else I can do for you please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes,

Patti

PS. I opted to put this out to the whole forum in case anyone else was interested in what mom’s naturapath has her on.

QQ

Thanks a lot, Patti. This info surely is very uesful for us. I also noticed that the server was down last night.

I will call my elder sister tonight and give her the tips I got from you. She and my brother-in-law will talk to the doctor today on what they will do next step.

frank
    Participant

QQ,
    i send you a email, did you get it???

Frank

QQ

Hi Frank,

I have not got it. Maybe because when I registered in this forum, I chose to let the administrator to send me email, rather than send me directly. If you want to send me email, you can send to me at qianqiuliu@yahoo.com directly. Thank you very much.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert