MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My sister's blood is on the way to Seattle

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My sister's blood is on the way to Seattle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lolam

They requested so much blood her tech said “Holy Buckets!” After all that, I really hope she is a match…I know it is a long shot.

I went to my onc. this week for my infusion of Herceptin for Breast Cancer. They took my counts and they are steadily getting worse. My onc. told me I could no longer sit on the fence concerning BMT. I know the ins. co. will not pay for my sister’s typing but the onc. said I must not wait until June, when the new ins. co. signs on. I am progressing too quickly for the wait. I will figure out how to pay for it when I get the bill…

I have 3 double cousins to also be typed If my sister is not a match. I suppose I should have sent the forms to them already. I just didn’t admit to the reality of all this…..

So I guess I am on my way to the inevitable. I know those of you that want a BMT and cannot get one for one reason or another must wonder why I hesitate. I can’t ponder the procedure, it actually makes me ill frown . I have to work on my courage genes to help me out here! I know that God will give me what I need when I need it.

I really appreciate you all. I know you really do understand me these days when others quite don’t….

I am also on a forum now for BMT survivors!! I just love spreading my charm around three forums now!! So many new stories to keep straight – so many new friends to care about….

Suzanne

Lola, I don’t know if it will help but when I got to a similiar place to where you are, I just let everything go-I was both scared and a “control freak”. I tried to take one day at a time, make necessary decisions as they came up, not think too far ahead, or weigh things that might not be an option, and follow my gut feeling. So many people were praying for me in one way or another and as things developed, the best directions for me became clear. I have been incredibly lucky with the outcome-of course having some of the best medical care in the world is a factor-but even if the outcome had been different, I would not have wanted to do anything differently. I do know what a hard place this is for you right now. As my Doc. more or less told me-don’t forget to live each day. Wishing the very best for you.

sarah

Lola, wishing you the very best. Suzanne has given good advice to you. I will keep you in my daily thoughts and prayers. I agree, take things one day at a time. Hope your sister is a match.
    Take care,
    Sarah

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert