MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Myelodysplastic Syndrom + Chronic gouty arthritis

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Myelodysplastic Syndrom + Chronic gouty arthritis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Josh

Hello:

It is my first time in this forum. I am Spanish, from La Rioja.

My father has a Myelodysplastic Syndrom (in the first degree) and he has also Rheumatoid arthritis (Chondrocalcinosis). He was treated for the arthrhtis with colchicine for three months and the cytopenia (low levels of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets) he had, went into worse, only in three months.He stopped having colchicine and after two months the levels are still low, lower than before he started with colchicine.

I would be very grateful if you could tell me if this cytopenia could have gone into worse because of the colchicine or just because of the evolution of the Myelodysplastic Syndrom.

If you need more data, please ask me.

Thank you,

Josh

jaxem

Josh
    Colchicine is not approved by itself by the US FDA so you won’t be getting too many comments from Americans about the drug. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchicine for a complete discussion about the drug. It will cause cytopenia per the discussion.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert