MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Nadine lost the fight.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Nadine lost the fight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    mamakayz

Hello Everyone.

This morning at 7:33am, Nadine quietly passed away.
    After 7 days in ICU, her heart finally couldn’t take the pressure any more.
    They had been trying everything they could for all these days, pumping her with every antibiotic known to man, and some not known.
    Unfortunately, after her kidneys stopped working, liver malfunctioned, and pneumonia set in, her heart became entombed in fluid, which made her poor little heart really work overtime, all the while fighting against lowering platelets, RBC and WBC, attributed to her MDS/AML.
    Yesterday they said that they had her on maximum levels of dopamine and it was barely keeping her blood pressure up, and it was just a matter of time. I have to give praise to the wonderful staff in Washington County Hospital in Hagerstown, Md. for all their fine work and sensitivity and I would go out on a limb to say that the treatment there was every bit as good as the treatment Nadine received at Johns Hopkins.
    So now it’s time to be strong for my 4 young boys and keep them remembering the happy, funny, wonderful healthy person their mom once was.
    Thanks to all of you for your incredible outpouring of support and prayers over the past year; Nadine and I really felt the love, and it made the experience just a little bit easier.

Good luck and health to all of you.

Jon Kay

I am so very sorry. My heart goes out to you, and to your children. God be with you in the days ahead as you and your loved ones rebuild your lives, and may your rich memories sustain you always.
    Margaret

Jerry

Jon …

Jerry

Jon …

Debbie’s and my thoughts and prayers are with you and the four boys over this difficult period. Keep the faith in that you did all that you could … Best wishes …

Jerry

Terri

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your boys as well as Nadine.
    God bless you.

DonUK

Jon, Nadine, yourself and your children will be in my prayers.

Please take care,
    Don

karenkay

So sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers and your beautiful words about remembering Nadine inspire me to remember what a gift life is and to treasure every moment of it.
    God bless you and your always,
    Karenk

ButchL
    Participant

So sorry for your loss. Hang in there……

Butch

frank
    Participant

So sorry for your loss, Jon…

Frank

gemloyear

Jon, I’m so sorry to hear that Nadine lost her fight. I will pray for her and your family. God bless you.
    Ellie

Kathryn

Jon,

Oh,…..my heart aches for you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Keep her memory alive and close to your hearts…May they bring you peace.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Kathryn

Jimbob

Jon,
    I am so soory for your loss. I pray that you and your boys will be able to share the happy and beautiful memories of Nadine together for many years of healthy lives.
    Jim

eve

dear jon

so very sorry to hear about the passing of nadine – my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

riley

Jon,

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ll be praying for you and your four boys.

Nicole

Ensnee

Oh dear, Jon, I’m so sorry for your loss. Many healing thoughts and comfort to you and your four brave boys.

Esme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert