MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

nervous in NJ

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board nervous in NJ

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Has anyone heard anything about a genetic cure? Has anyone tried genetics for their MDS. This is what I am trying, I know it’s a long shot but the upside is good if it works and the downside seems minimal. Please respond.
    Sidney Schwartz

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Hello Sidney,
    Please elaborate on what you mean by "trying genetics" as a treatment or cure. Are you part of a clinical study? Also, please give a little history of your disease such as date of diagnosis, what class of MDS do you have and what other treatments have you tried.

Everyone here is always interested in hearing about anything new that is being tried.

Mary

Dear Mary, Well I was at Dr. Ursula Jacobs Clinic in Dornstetten Germnay(she is on the web) I had an apoptosis inducer (on the web)that reduced my blasts form 15% to 2% in about three weeks that was about a month ago. I don’t know how long that will last. Now they are trying to put from my own blood and bone marrow sample a genetic bullet to attack the bad guys and regenerate good cells. However no where have I been able to find anyone who has had success with this therapy, so if I’m the first I will let the world know. Sidney

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert