MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Neupogen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maueenh
    Participant

At last week’s doctor’s visit my father’s wbc was very low (1.3). I asked about neupogen and was told that they have found that neupogen increases both the good and bad white cells and so they have stopped using it. I wished I had asked them to elaborate. Has anyone else heard anything like this? It would be great if he could get something to increase his wbc. Last year they gave him neupogen when he began Vidaza and it really stimulated his white cells.

Maureen

JaniceR

Maureen:
    My father still gets Neulasta shots while he’s getting the Dacogen w/Valproic Acid. It helps.

Teresa

Maureen;

My mother is RAS and has been receiving Neupogen for two years 2x a week. It has been fantastic, keeps the white count up without any problems.

Keep asking questions and best of luck to you

Russ P.

Janice,
    Noted the treatment of Dacogen + Valproic acid.
    Could you supply some detail on this? Is it a clinical trial and if not does Medicare cover cost of drugs? You can e-mail me at: ripoole@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Russ

JaniceR

Russ: It is not a clinical trial. I believe that Medicare does cover the cost. I’ll get back to you on what his dosage is. I just emailed you Dr.Goldberg’s email address so that you can get in touch with him. He’s great and he’s not even our doc!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert