MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Neupogen or Vidaza for Relpase?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Neupogen or Vidaza for Relpase?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CMH64

We have news of relapse thirteen months following my husband’s allo stem cell transplant for AML/CMML. Donor cells are at 10% in the marrow and blasts in the marrow were at 5%. My husband has the added complication of poorly functioning kidneys. He was previously on dialysis for a year before the kidneys retained 25 to 37% functioning following transplant. The kidney issue makes a DLI or additional chemo treatment very risky. The Dr. is suggesting treatment with Neupogen on a daily basis for three weeks. In an MDAnderson study in the early 90’s there was some success with patients such as Troy who have relapsed with low blast counts. Donor engraftment was improved in those cases and remission achieved. Has anyone had any experience with this treatment?

Another option is experimental use of Vidaza. Has anyone heard of using Vidaza for relapsed MDS following transplant?

Your help is appreciated. We would also welcome information concerning chemo use following relaspe after transplant. Thank you! Cathy

shirlsgirl

Hi Cathy,

So sorry to hear about your husband’s relapse. I’m not at all knowledgable about Vidaza or Chemo following a SCT. That Neupogen study looks promising…..Just hope that you find some answers soon. Hope things get better.

Take care,

Jody

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert