MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

New to Forum-Brother has MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board New to Forum-Brother has MDS

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    JaneP

Carrie,

I wish for a miracle every day. He went home today still running a fever, but he has to go to MCV to discuss transplant. They want him back in the hospital as soon as he gets back. His temp is running 101-103 and is not going down. Has been on antibiotics for over a week.

I wish and pray for the best for you Dad and family too.

Jane

JaneP

New news…My brother went to MCV today, and as soon as they find a donor for the stem cell he will be a part of a new study. Probably not spelled correctly, but I will try. None myeloblativello genecie hemotopoietic cell transplant. Afterwards he will be on (excuse spelling) taxalo??? and methotrexac (spelling) plus the usual growth hormone. They do not want to use his frozen stem cells. They did a lot of blood work today and will try to match my sisters and I to him based on today not 8 years ago. I am praying that we will be a match now. He will be one month in the hospital, 2 months after he has to be 30 minutes or less from hospital and then remaining 9 months close to home and cannot do anything. He cannot have any fresh fruits or vegetables from this forward (due to low wbc)

Now, I just have to work on finding a place for he and his wife to live for those 2 months since they live over an hour from the hospital.

I will keep you all updated.

Jane

JaneP

Well, it is Sunday, August 14th and my brother was admitted back into the hospital again. He had gained 14 pounds in 4 days…all fluid. They sent him home on Friday and told him to take his lasix. Yesterday he was real bad with the fever back to 103 and just tired and listless. They have checked his lungs today and appear to be okay. He is just not getting the fluid off as quickly as they would like. Now just pray his kidneys will be okay. He went through this about a month ago. He is on oxygen, and said it takes everything out of him to just sit up in bed.

I am praying for all of you.

Jane

covergirl

JaneP,
    So sorry to hear about this. Hope your brother improves soon.
    Remember to take one day at a time,
    –cheryl

Kathryn

Jane, I am sorry your brother is having a difficult time and I will be praying for better days for him.

Take care,

Kathryn

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert