MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

new to the forum

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board new to the forum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dilley

I have been reading this the last couple days. My dad has been dealing with this for a year now. He is going threw alot besides the MDS.He is having all kinds of problems. he has an enlarge spleen. Which he has had the hiccups for 15 days in arow now. he has an enlarge heart. he has infection in his urinan track Now he is having problems with his kidneys due to the dye they gave him for a cat scan. He’s been in the hosptial now for 3 weeks. They can’t do surgery because of his heart because any kind of surgery would kill him. He also has gall stones. Which is scary. He has gone through so much. But he is hanging in there.

sarah

Hi Dilley, welcome to forum. What classification is your dad and his age? My husbands spleen is enlarged surgeon plans to remove in about two weeks. I am scared his counts are low now. Hope your dad feels better soon.

shirlsgirl

Hi Dilley!!

Welcome! Sorry that you had to come looking, but glad that you found us. There is a wealth of information and support on this board. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope things improve soon.

Take care,

Jody

Sandy M

hello Dilley,
    welcome aboard… can you tell us a lil bit more about your dad’s M.D.S ? hiccups for 15 day’s in a row must really be unique,I’ve never heard of anyone that has had that issue before … theres many people here to talk with …

Terri

Dilley, Bob’s spleen was very enlarged when first dx. In fact my daughter called him Booda.
    At the time he was dealing with a lot, spitting up blood that they could not locate why. Bad Back pain and aches. They gave him Hydroxurea (Not correct spelling) It did help with the spleen a little. They did find the reason for the bleeding was resolved with IV antibiotics. Bob is on Vidaza and His spleen the doctor says now is fine as far as the size. He had cat scans as well for it when he was first dx as well.

I hope your dad starts feeling better, will keep him in my prayers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert