MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

No evidence of 5q

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board No evidence of 5q

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shar

I don’t have all of the lab work in front of me right now but could some one tell me if no evidence of 5q is a good thing or a bad thing. My mother has just been told she has RCMD.

jaxem

shar
    any cell defect is a bad thing and the -5q defect is a cell abnormality with a better prognosis than others. i’m no hematologist & you can “google” or use your browser, or search on this website for more info on that or your mom’s RCMD which is less than 5% blasts & less than 1000 monocytes in marrow, and abnormal cells in 2 or more bloodlines (red, white or platelets).

Shar

Thank you for the information it is all very confusing, so if I understand “no evidence of 5q is not a good thing am I correct?

choijk

Hi Shar,
    I don’t know if its a good thing but it seems that those with missing 5q has a better response to chemo such as Vidaza and Remlivid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert