MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

No Response from Revlimid- How long to get levels back to were they were when started

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board No Response from Revlimid- How long to get levels back to were they were when started

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jfensterer

Hello-

My Mom did not have the 5q deletion. Our Doctor thought we would take a shot and put her on Revlimid. She was on for 75 days- She felt pretty lousey, counts dropped as expected. She had 6 transfusions during the process & 2 platlett tranfusions. (Please note, she was not having transfusions before the Revlimid) Just Nupo 2x a week & Aranesp 1 every 2 weeks.
    The Dr called it a good, brave effort on Mom’s part…but, it was decided that it was not working for her.
    She has been off Revlimid for 5 weeks- since then the counts have come up slightly- platletts are still low.- After she stopped the Revlimid- We had a bone marrow biopsy- all indicators showed that she did not have any changes for the worse.
    I guess, what I am wondering (hoping) is that there are some other people out in this forum that did not respond, were not deletion 5q & did eventually get back to where they were before Revlimid confused
    Any phone calls would be accepted as well-5053799360
    Thanks, Jan

Carl

Jan,

Sorry that your Mom’s counts haven’t improved since discontinuing the Revlimid. Neither did mine and in fact my platelets actually did not rebound to the pre-Revlimid level. Now I am considering other available treatments. I am now RBC transfusion dependent and on Aranesp and Neupogen.

Susan C

We waited too long for an alternate avenue. Patrick had to quit Revlimid in May because his plts fell to 32, then 22, then 8. The oncologist didn’t treat him with anything. The day he was supposed to go to Stanford he was too sick and had to be taken by ambulance back to Kaiser. A blood test showed 35% blasts. They said it had turned from RARS to critical AML One hematologist said he should start dacogen (that was 7/3), but Kaiser decided to bypass that until he went to Stanford. Thank you Kaiser. frown They put him on Chemo for 7 days. Today is his first day without Chemo. His stomach is distended and his colon is enlarged and inflamed, he can’t eat…..he is getting plts, blood and plasma. They give him a 20% chance to live. I know I have not helped. But, I encourage you to keep asking people. No doctor is God. I wish you well.

Britt AKA Susan

Patrick was dx march of 06 with MDS secondary to non Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert