MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Old Posts

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Old Posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nicole2

Hi,

I don’t know if all have the same problem. But I am trying the search option to look for my old posts in 2001 and it does not work. Is there a system problem? My mom passed away in Feb 2001 but I am still around hoping people can live longer with new medication.

To save disk space and make the forums run smoother I archive / backup all the yearly files older than 2 years from the current year.

I “can” repost the archives, but note: that I have to repost the “entire” year(s) since I can’t search for a specific mesg in the archive/backups. This process will take awhile and the board will be non-functioning for about 2 hrs during the repost.

Also, I would rather take the archives off the boards once you are done with them to save disk space and make the forum more efficient.

If you guys want to view the backup/archives I can set aside a time slot that it will be back online for a few days.

And once again, I really should take them off after those few days or otherwise the forums will start to bog down in performance and functionality.

Let me know what you (the general members) would like to happen.

Jerry

My opinion (and it is worth every penny that you are paying for it) is that if Nicole has a pressing “need” for her posts, then I would be in favor of a couple of days of slowdown, but if this is a “want” request, I feel that so much is being done daily in this area that we need all the speed that we can get. So, I have taken a firm position on both sides of the issue. (Mom was right … I shoulda been a lawyer). Merry Christmas to all …

Jerry

Suzanne

So much happens and changes in relationship to this disease that I would think access to 2 years of the archives would be enough.

Jimbob

I agree with Jerry, if Nicole has a pressing need, we can all wait a bit for replies. But so much hs change in just a year or two, that most of what was posted back then is no longer relevant. But if she NEEDS info from then, help herr get it.
    Jim

nicole2

Thanks for your replies.

I just thought it was a system problem.

I fully understand that the disk space can be limited and it’s not worth slowing down the flow.

I am happy that there was improvement in the past years.

Nicole2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert