MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

OSU Doctors

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board OSU Doctors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JulieMarie

Has anyone have any experience with any of the drs at OSU in Ohio? We’ve been there for about 9 months now and we’re on our 3rd doc (their doing, not us requesting). The two previous dr.s & Nurse Practioner (np). We just don’t click with this current dr. or np. We could go back to the previous dr. if she ever comes back from maturnity leave, but are stuck with the same NP. We’re so fed up right now we’re thinking of going to cleveland clinic even though it’s further away from home. Has anyone had any inssues there?

Jerry

JulieMarie …

I live in Columbus and was originally sent to The James at OSU, but they do not have the expertise in MDS that the Centers of Excellence do. I was referred to Dr. Maciejewski (and Dr. Haddad) at the Cleveland Clinic and they are wonderful. I highly recommend that you go there. There is another doctor there whose name starts with an “S” but I have not seen him but others on this forum have liked him. Good luck to you.

Jerry

Cherbear

Julie Marie,
    I did have some experience with a doctor and a NP at OSU 3 years ago when my son had AML. Thinking back, I was not very happy with the way his case was handled. My son had relapsed after a stem cell transplant and he had been treated at University Hospital’s Ireland Cancer Center. They suggested OSU because of a clinical trial. We went a few times, got our hopes up, but Jason’s liver function tests apparently weren’t up to their standards, according to the NP. However, after it was too late for Jason, she called and said that it would be okay to go ahead with the trial. Meanwhile, weeks had gone by with not much communication from anybody there. My son passed about a month after the ordeal with OSU. I was not happy with the way they handled the screening process and not keeping us informed.

I am now being treated at the Cleveland Clinic for CMML, after being given the runaround at University and them not doing anything to help my quality of life. The doctor who is treating me is Dr. Sekeres and his NP is absolutely wonderful! I’m in the second week of a clinical trial and everyone at the Clinic treats me with compassion and respect – and the communication is fantastic! I can’t say enough good things about the staff at the Clinic.

Much Hope to you,
    Cheryl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert